Housing and Urban Development Continuum of Care Competition Page 2022
FY 2022 Continuum of Care NOFO has now been published. (posted 8-2-22)
New Resources have been posted!!! (8-11-22)
The Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO) for the Fiscal Year (FY) 2022 Continuum of Care Competition and Noncompetitive Award of Youth Homeless Demonstration Program Renewal and Replacement Grants has been posted on Grants.gov and will be available on the Funding Opportunities page on HUD’s website later today. Additional resources will be available on the Continuum of Care Program Competition page of HUD’s website.
The CoC Application, CoC Priority Listing, and Project Applications should be available in e-snaps within the next two weeks. Collaborative Applicants and project applicants will be able to access the applications to review, update, and enter required information for the application process.
Submission Deadline: Friday, September 30, 2022 at 8:00 PM EDT
- The CoC Application and CoC Priority Listing that includes all project applications that will be submitted to HUD are separate submissions in e-snaps. Collaborative Applicants must submit both parts of the CoC Consolidated Application by the application submission deadline for HUD to consider the CoC Consolidated Application to be complete.
- There are six Project Listings in the CoC Priority Listing; however, only the New and Renewal Project Listings require unique rank numbers. The remaining four Project Listings only require Collaborative Applicants to accept or reject project applications.
- The CoC Competition Report, and instructions on how to access the report, that includes data reported in the Homelessness Data Exchange (HDX) is available for use by Collaborative Applicants to complete portions of the FY 2022 CoC Application.
- Returning project applicants may choose to import FY 2021 renewal project application responses; however, this must be requested during your registration of the Renewal Funding Opportunity in e-snaps and is only available if you submitted a project application in the FY 2021 CoC Program Competition. Imported responses must be carefully reviewed to ensure accuracy.
- Projects renewing for the first time, that were previously awarded prior to the FY 2021 CoC Program Competition must complete the entire renewal project application.
- New project applications must be completed in full and in accordance with the new project application components permitted in this year’s Competition.
- YHDP renewal and YHDP replacement project applications must be completed in full and in accordance with the YHDP renewal and YHDP replacement project application processes outlined in the NOFO.
- CoC planning and UFA Costs applications will only be reviewed if submitted by the CoC’s designated Collaborative Applicant identified in the CoC Applicant Profile in e-snaps.
- Dedicated HMIS projects, renewal and new, can only be submitted by the CoC’s designated HMIS Lead as identified in the CoC Applicant Profile in e-snaps.
Guidance will be posted on the CoC Program Competition page of HUD’s website between August 1, 2022 and August 22, 2022.
Questions regarding the FY 2022 CoC Program Competition process must be submitted to CoCNOFO@hud.gov.
Questions related to e-snaps functionality (e.g., password lockout, access to user’s application account, updating Applicant Profile) must be submitted to email@example.com.
Local Competition Deadlines: Posted 8-3-22 Update 8-16-22
Note: accessible documents are available upon request.
Letter of Intent submitted to Homeless Coalition Chair: August 15, 2022
Homeless Coalition Chair, Robin Smith firstname.lastname@example.org (form posted below)
Project Applications due in ESNAPS: August 31, 2022
Date Change – Rank and Review documents due September 6th by 8:30 a.m. (update posted 8-16-22)
Rank and Review: September 6, 2022
Post Rank and Review Results: September 6, 2022
Appeals Process deadline: September 9, 2022
Post Final Inclusion/Exclusion of applications for CoC grant: September 15, 2022
Submit Final CoC grant: September 30, 2022
Estimated Annual Renewal Demand: $606,856
Tier 1: $576,513
CoC Bonus: $30,343
Planning Grant: $18,206
DV Bonus: $50,000
AND REVIEW RESULTRANKS (EMAILED 9/6/22) (POSTED TO WEBSITE 9/8/22)
See documents below: Rank and Review Results and Letter from the Rank and Review Committee.
FY 2022 GIWs Available for CoC Review
The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development’s (HUD) Office of Special Needs Assistance Programs (SNAPS) has posted the FY 2022 GIWs for CoC Collaborative Applicant and project applicant review. CoC-designated Collaborative Applicants should ensure all projects eligible for renewal in the FY 2022 CoC Program Competition are included on the GIW and the grant information is accurate. If changes are required, Collaborative Applicants must complete a GIW Change Form and submit the requested changes to assigned local HUD Field Offices. GIW Change Forms must only be completed by CoC designated Collaborative Applicants and should only include changes that need to be made to the posted GIW.
- Collaborative Applicants and renewal project applicants should review the information on the posted GIWs to ensure all eligible CoC Program-funded projects are listed on the appropriate CoC’s GIW.
- Projects eligible for renewal are those that have an expiration date in Calendar Year 2023 (between January 1, 2023 and December 31, 2023).
- If a project is missing, should be removed, or has information that needs to be updated (e.g., recipient changed, grant agreement amendment), the Collaborative Applicant must complete a GIW Change Form and submit to the local HUD field office for review.
- GIW Change Forms and instructions for completing this process have also been posted on HUD.gov.